Since 1944, the Lewis & Lewis attorneys have had great success in both personal injury and workers’ compensation claims. We have recovered millions of dollars for our clients. Some notable verdicts and settlements are outlined below:
- We obtained a $3,900,000 settlement on the eve of jury selection for a man seriously injured in a car accident, and his wife, after handling the case for more than four years. The insurance companies’ initial settlement offer in the case was $250,000.
- We obtained a $625,000 pre-trial settlement in a labor law case for a laborer who was seriously injured while doing excavation work with heavy equipment and trench shields on a large construction site. The insurance company’s initial offer in the case was $1,000.
- We obtained a $450,000 pre-trial settlement in a labor law case for an electrician who fell off a ladder while installing solar panels.
- We obtained a pre-trial settlement in excess of $320,000 in a labor law case for a carpenter who fell off a ladder while working on a roof.
- We obtained a settlement of $165,000 for a client who was seriously injured after slipping and falling down a stairway not equipped with a proper handrail.
- We obtained a settlement over $500,000 for a pipe fitter who slipped and fell out of a defective truck bed, sustaining a severe back injury.
- We recovered over $2,000,000 for a father and son severely burned after a manufacturing defect caused their truck to burst into flames.
- We recovered $2,000,000 for a man who well from a bucket truck while working on tree removal.
- We obtained a settlement of $750,000 for an asbestos abatement work who was severely injured when he fell from a ladder while working on a duct.
- We obtained a settlement of $295,000 for a plumber who was seriously injured after falling down a defective stairway.
- We obtained a settlement in excess of $700,000 during trial, for a municipal worker who fell into an improperly covered excavation.
- We obtained a settlement in excess of $800,000 from the 9/11 Victims Compensation Fund for a National Guardsman who worked near Ground Zero following the attack on New York City. Tragically, this client developed lung cancer as a result of his toxic exposures and passed away.
- We obtained a settlement in excess of $5,000,000 for a minor seriously injured as a result of medical malpractice.
- We obtained a $725,000.00 settlement for a client sustained head, back, and neck injuries in a crash involving a school bus.
- We obtained a $162,500.00 settlement for a pedestrian hit by car who sustained shoulder and hip injuries.
- We obtained a $53,000 verdict for man in his mid-70s who fractured his wrist in a car crash.
- We obtained a $180,000.00 settlement Workplace fall on ice – torn labrum in hip requiring surgery.
- We recovered $90,000 for a client who broke their legBroken leg from fall down rental property
- We obtained a $25,000.00 policy limits settlement for aggravation of a prior low back injury from low-speed car accident with post-accident back surgery.
- We obtained a $65,000.00 Supplemental Uninsured Motorist settlement for aggravation of low back injury from low-speed motor vehicle crash with post-accident back surgery.
- We obtained a $45,000.00 settlement for aggravation of neck and shoulder injuries for a woman injured in rear-end car collision.
- We obtained a $100,000.00 policy limits settlement for woman with aggravated neck and shoulder injuries when a vehicle failed to yield the right of way. She eventually had neck surgery.
- We obtained a $25,000.00 policy limits settlement for uber driver who was rear-ended aggravating back injuries for which he was actively treating at the time of the crash.
- We obtained a $80,000.00 settlement for rear-end car crash resulting neck and back injuries requiring chiropractic care, lost wages and wrist fracture.
- We obtained a $65,000.00 personal injury settlement for a school bus aide who suffered soft tissue knee, arm and neck injuries.
- We obtained a $70,000.00 settlement for school bus driver injured by driver who ran a stop sign causing neck and back injuries requiring over 100 chiropractic visits and pain management treatment with no surgery.
- We obtained a $287,500 settlement for school bus aid who fell when the bus suddenly stopped to avoid a potential collision. Our client sustained injuries to her back and neck.
- We obtained a $110,000 settlement for high-school student who sustained a dislocated shoulder requiring surgery due to the school’s failure to supervise students and misuse of gym equipment.
For the last seventy years, Lewis & Lewis, P.C. has proudly represented thousands of Claimants each year before the Workers’ Compensation Board. In 2014, we recovered over $10 million in Section 32 settlements on behalf of our clients.
Social Security Disability/Supplemental Security Income
We represent hundreds of Claimants in Administrative hearings before the Social Security Administration. In 2014, we recovered over $500,000.00 in past-due benefits on behalf of our clients.
*Attorney Advertising. Prior results do not guarantee future outcomes.
Get Help Today
Fill out the form below, and one of our personal injury attorneys will contact you within 24 hours.